Microbiome Skincare is a product line designed for skin care, especially in maintaining a healthy skin microbiome. The natural ecosystem of bacteria called the skin microbiome lives on the skin and protects it from harmful pathogens. A well-functioning skin microbiome is significant for a healthy immune system. Microbiome skincare products consist of the following processes:
- Remove bacteria
- Feeding good bacteria called prebiotic
- Adding good bacteria called probiotic
- Adding by-products of bacteria called postbiotic
Similar to the other parts of the body, like the gut, the skin has its own unique combination of bacteria. Fungi create their own unique microbiota. The gut microbiome has a major effect on the overall wellness, immune system, and health to fight viruses, infections, and bacteria. A healthy microbiome helps daily body functions, like:
- brain function
- other parts of the body
Also, keeping a healthy skin microbiome is essential for having healthy, clear, radiant, and hydrated-looking skin. It can be possible by managing good and bad bacteria in the body that creates that skin microbiome.
Role of prebiotics, probiotics, and postbiotics
Microbiome skincare products have the role of prebiotics, probiotics, and postbiotics, for you to find out.
- Prebiotics. These are special plant fibers that keep healthy bacteria in the digestive system. These are food for good gut bacteria. These carbs are not digestible through the body and instead stay in the lower digestive tract and help good bacteria grow. These can be found in vegetables, whole grains, and fruits.
Prebiotics play a significant role in keeping the health and digestive system, and has numerous benefits:
- Calcium absorption
- Regulate the rate of foods causing spikes in blood sugar
- Ferment foods to support digestion
- Keeps the cells lining the gut healthy
- Probiotics. These foods are found in fruits, such as bananas, berries, apples, and tomatoes. In vegetables, these are found in artichokes, asparagus, chicory, barley, cocoa, and dandelion greens, to name some. Probiotics are living organisms that provide health benefits to the immune systems and digestive systems. These microorganisms generate substances that help stabilize and heal the body when the systems are disturbed.
- Postbiotics. It is a part of the body’s microbiome and is made when good bacteria in the gut, probiotics, break down the fibers. Postbiotics are produced because of the fermentation process of the probiotics. Postbiotics helps:
- Immune system
- Lessen symptoms associated with diarrhea
- irritable bowel syndrome
Postbiotics are available in foods:
- Sourdough bread
- Cottage cheese
- Miso soup
Postbiotics are very crucial in skincare and greatly enhance skin health, including:
- reducing inflammation
- skin redness and balancing pH
- improving the skin microbiome
If you have been concerned with your skincare regimen, you must consider these microbiome skincare products. Shop online!