A supplement and component in cosmetic products, collagen, a protein that the body naturally produces, promises to enhance the appearance of your skin. Marketers of collagen-based treatments assert that their products can enhance skin blood flow, improve skin suppleness, and lessen visible wrinkles.
In what ways does your body make collagen?
The substance is all over your skin! A natural collagen powder is renowned in the beauty industry as the wonder protein for young skin since it makes up 80% of your skin. Your skin’s foundation, or “skeleton,” is provided by collagen (imagine a mattress supported by springs; the springs are composed of collagen).
In actuality, beyond the age of 25, people drop 1% of their collagen annually. More to 5% of the collagen might be lost annually after menopause, with a 30% loss in the first five years.
Although the amount of collagen your body produces declines with age when you start consuming natural collagen powder can significantly slow this reduction. In this approach, you may support your body’s ability to create this necessary protein and benefit from its health advantages.
How can your body naturally produce more collagen?
Individuals understand that collagen is in the body. How do you increase it so you can benefit from collagen’s advantages? However, a local grocery shop, fortunately, has all the nutrients that promote collagen, improving your anti-aging activities much easy.
Even while some animal products could be regarded as “foods that are high in collagen,” in actuality, fresh fish skins or bone broth are among the most enticing. Additionally, you’ll be happy to learn that fruits and veggies are also high in collagen since they provide all the minerals and vitamins your skin requires to make collagen.
Creating collagen in your body requires the following three nutrients:
- These nutrients, zinc, copper, and vitamin C, are all abundant in plant-based foods.
- You can obtain all the collagen nutrients in a diet rich in green vegetables, fruits, seeds, and root vegetables like beets, which will hydrate your skin and collagen to keep it radiant and young.
- The abundant source of antioxidants that plants provide to defend themselves from damaging free radicals is an additional advantage of obtaining collagen. Antioxidants further boost the collagen levels in your skin by not only assisting collagen creation but also preventing collagen deterioration.
Supplements that Boost the Production of Collagen
It can be challenging to maintain a balanced diet that is rich in fresh vegetables and fruits. Here is when a supplement might be helpful. Collagen vitamins, which are available in animal and plant forms, can assist your skin made collagen.
- It’s packed with nutrients from whole foods that are better absorbed and helps to support collagen production.
- Packed with collagen-protecting antioxidants to aid in preventing collagen deterioration and boosting collagen synthesis
- You may include collagen powder throughout your morning meal, smoothies, sweets, or collagen drink made with milk or water.